Monday, February 23, 2015

My Dear Family,
I was also very surprised about my transfer because the mission agenda ended this week, but in the Guayaquil bus terminal there were a lot of missionaries there with changes, so it definitely wasn´t an emergency transfer, just a little out of left field.

Babahoyo is such an interesting city! It was a big change for me to go from a small district of 3 branches to a stake of 5 wards, but luckily for me, we´re living in the same house as our zone leaders and they´ve been a great help. I kind of got in a bad habit living in a house of 4 English speakers, because now I´m the only English speaker in the house and in our zone of 16 there are only 3 Americans. But I´ve been pleased that it hasn´t even been very hard to comunicate with everybody pretty much just like normal. 

When I got here we didn´t really have anyone to teach, but we were working with 12 less active families! I learned that the Elder I replaced had a very soft spot in his heart for the less active members because he´s the only active member in his family. I think that´s awesome though, and we just need to put goals together for how we can help them share the gospel with their non-member friends. With their help we were able to find three new families to teach that were able to come to church this Sunday! I was so greatful for the courage of the recently reactivated members!

My new companion is a really good missionary as well. He only has 4 months in the mission, but he´s a little more mature because he´s 26. He´s a recent convert from a year and a half ago, and has a really strong testimony of the atonement of Christ. Side note he also plays guitar and is teaching me a little at night after we finish planning so that´s been fun. =)

I´m so happy that everything has been going well for you all at home. I heard Clarke´s funeral was very beautiful, and I´m glad Jacob and Joseph are doing better. =) How is Isaac doing? Staying out of trouble I hope! haha I know he´s a great kid =)

I´m trying to send you guys a lot of love and luck this week! I´m always praying for you, family! =)

Love,
Elder Hales

No comments:

Post a Comment