Monday, August 24, 2015

My Dear Family,

Well I`m writing a little earlier, and from Guayaquil. We just dropped off our companions that finished the mission, and we`re going to have our P-day here in the big city because our companions are getting here from the Provo MTC tomorrow or Wednesday. I`m a little nervous about having a companion fresh out of the MTC, but I know that they bring a special type of love and excitement for the work to begin. So as of right now I`m going to be in Guayaquil with a missionary from Babahoyo, and an Elder from Guayaquil until the new guys get here. It should be exciting! =)

As for the last week of Elder Samán, it was a very jammed pack and exciting 7 days! On Tuesday the mission office called me and asked us to go to Guayaquil to have my Visa renewed for my second year, and that was fun to spend a night with the guys in the office. They always like to have company because it`s four elders that are in the office 6-12 months before they go back out into the field, so they showed us a good time. We just had to sign three papers and have our picture taken, but it was a fun little visit. 

The biggest news was the 50 years open house for the church in Ecuador! It was a lot bigger than I thought it would be, and they had different booths set up about each of the different organizations in the church, like Young Womens, or Elder`s Quorum. We also gave a couple of classes inside. It went really well! The activity ended with a dance competition between the 5 branches. I thought our branch did really well, but because there were only 6 people that were participating we took last place. 

Then on Sunday my companion and I both spoke in Sacament Meeting, and then I helped him pack his suitcases and we were off to the bus terminal. Elder Saman seemed pretty content with everything, and I sure hope he`ll have a good time in Peru. Right now we`re just waiting to see who our new companions will be. This will be my first time training so I hope that everything will be okay.

It sounds like everyone is so in shape at home! I`m so proud of Dad and Emily for their half marathon, and Isaac I think that`s so great that you`re getting ready to do the next one with Dad! I`m pretty sure that Jacob could probably beat me in a fight now, so I`ll have to be carefull when I get home ;) I think it would be really fun to do a race with you, Dad, when I get home, but we`ll have to start small, like a 15k and then a half marathon. =)

Emily, I hope you enjoy your new semester! It`s weird thinking that you`ll be done with your studies before I get home, but I`m so happy that you`re jumping back into life. =)
I hope that Jacob, Isaac and Joseph are also enjoying their new school year, and I hope that everyone can enjoy their music studies as well! I`m so happy that you`re enjoying band, Isaac! And Jacob I'm sure is living it up in  chior. 

I hope you all have a great week and I`ll be sure to let you know all about my new companion next week! 
Lots of Love,
Elder Hales =)

No comments:

Post a Comment