Monday, August 17, 2015

Hola Familia!

Wow this was such an interesting week here for us, but I think this next week will be even more jammed pack with great stuff =)  I celebrated my one year mark by eating a 25 cent ice cream.

The only crazy news were the protesters on Thursday, but we didn´t actually see any evidence that there was something going on. From what I´ve heard it´s been the people in Quito that are really upset with the government. There were 57 police officers that were injured in just Quito, and I think 9 in Guayaquil but we´re completely fine here. One of the advantages of living in a small city I guess haha =)

The other great thing that´s been going on here is that the members are getting ready to celebrate 50 years since the founding of the church in Ecuador. This Saturday there will be a massive open house in our stake center for everyone in Ventanas, with food, music, dancing, and different booths and rooms about what the church is like. That same Saturday my companion has his last interview, so that will be exciting for him. He´s very happy to start his life again in Peru, and I´m excited for him as well.

Have classes started yet? I´m so happy that Joseph and Anna get to be in the same class together! That will be so fun for them. Also I´m so happy that Isaac is taking band! Many of my best memories from high school are with the friends I made through music and I know Isaac will enjoy himself. Jacob are you doing any fun extracurriculars? 
 
I´m also so proud that Isaac will have the chance to prepare the sacrament! Here in Ecuador the Bishop or branch president comes an hour early and does everything by himself. What a blessing it will be for you, Isaac, to help in the priesthood! That´ll also be a great time to spend with Mom. I remember I had some of the most uplifting conversations sitting next to Mom on the organ. 

I hope that everything is going well for you all at home! And I hope you can get back into the school time schedule. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Hales =)
Jonathan's zone in Ventanas
(Jonathan is the 2nd from the right, back row. His companion is the 3rd elder from the left wearing glasses)

No comments:

Post a Comment