Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Hola Familia!
Well this week has gone by so fast for me! It´s been really interesting this new phase in my mission, training and helping Elder Cari, but he is full of so much love for the work, and has all of that right from the MTC spirit. 

I´m glad the family had fun at Timpanogas Cave! I do remember going once with Dad when we first moved there. I also remember not being willing to go, unless there were Skittles provided as an energy to make it up the mountain. I think I would tell Dad every quarter mile that now was probably a good time to take a snack break. hahaha =) I can´t belive that we have lived in Utah for more than 12 years now! Also how fun to see Mr. Shelly. He was one of my favorite math teachers. There is something so special about inspiring teachers.

Also how exciting about the BYU football team! What a great way to start the season, and I hope that Taysom will be better soon. It sounds like we need his help in the season. It´s always so fun a have an exciting win. 

For us here the biggest news was that the other elders that lived in our house moved out, so it´s just me and Elder Cari now. Our house seems so big for just two Elders, but it´ll be nice to be a little more peaceful and not have to share a bathroom either. Our house has seemed very quiet though. 

Elder Cari and I have had a little bit of an emotional rollercoster here in Ventanas. On one hand, a father that has recently reactivated got to be part of a baby blessing yesterday. It was such a spiritual experience, and I´m glad that his family is beginning to feel the joy of the Gospel again. And on the other hand, one of our best investigators, (a Colombian named Richard) got into a big fight with his mom the day before his baptism and ran away to Colombia in a bus with just a laptop and 40 dollars. I hope everything will be alright. He´s just 18 years old. But we´re trying to stay positive, and we´ve actually been finding a lot of new people to teach. The members are really excited here to help out with the work. =)

Mom, Dad talked about maybe sending some names to do here, and I think that would be really fun to do the work for them, but I also understand if you would rather have them done at home because this would not be the quickest way for them to have the ordinance, and I wouldn´t be able to do the sealings here.

I´m glad that everyone is happy and healthy, and that everyone is enjoying school and work. Thank you for your great letters and for thinking about me during the week!

Thank you for your prayers and support,
Elder Hales =) 
Ventanas Zone - Jonathan is in the back row, third from the left. We think his companion is standing on his right.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment