Sunday, March 13, 2016

Mi Querida Familia! 

I´m glad that the weather has been improving in Salt Lake! The rains have been a little kinder this week which is good, but for this coming week every single day has a rain forecast. We´ll have to pray to stay dry.;) Mom to answer your question, I do still have two pairs of shoes left so alternating them between rainy days has been really helpful.

Dad, how fun that you get to go to Boston this next week! I hope you have a good trip and that you learn a lot! Being here in the office we hear lots of stories about the sick missionaries and it makes me grateful for the good health I´ve had my whole mission. On a related note, Elder Clarke (the elder who was here all last week because of a spider bite) is doing a lot better, and is working again in Vinces. I think he had his last follow up appointment today so that´s been a real blessing for him.

This week for us has been a little all over the place! On Tuesday and Thursday my companion had to go to Quevedo (about a three and a half hour bus ride) on President Riggins'a request to see what materials are out in our storage unit over there. He went with the financial secretary, Elder Butler. So I got to know a little bit of the sector of the other two elders in the office. It´s a small ward that needs a lot of help from strong leaders, and it was really fun to get to meet their members and investigators for those two days. 

We´ve also been really busy all this week getting ready for the zone conferences that are starting this Tuesday. All the zones in the mission will be coming in over the next two weeks to go to the temple and have a zone conference. It´s been a little crazy in the office with so many things going on at once! I think that the month is going to go by really quickly with these two weeks of conferences, Easter Sunday, and then General Conference the week after that! Lots of exciting things going on! 

I don´t know if I said thank you in my last letter for getting my housing all worked out, Mom. Funny story, today I was looking at who my new roommates are going to be, and it turns out it´s a group of kids from Arizona that are from the same ward as my good friend in the office, Elder Butler! I thought it was another example of just how small the world is. From what he told me they´re all some really good guys so I´m excited to get to know them.

Another really interesting development from this week is that they called me to be a district leader again. I was a little nervous about the idea of being an office missionary and a district leader, because both things require a lot of dedication and time. I was feeling a little discouraged but I opened the scriptures and read about the great example of Nephi, ´´for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.´´ Reading that verse helped me remember that the Lord will always provide the way for us to do what is needed.

I love all of you and I hope you have a great week! Jacob, Isaac, and Joseph, know that I´m praying for you to do well in your performances this week! Emily, I´m praying for you to get the job that will be best for you!

Cuídense mucho!

Elder Hales =)

No comments:

Post a Comment