Thursday, September 25, 2014

i Hola Familia!

I'm doing very well here in Ecuador.  It is crazy that I'm finally out in the field.  I'm just writing to say that I'm safe here in the mission home.  Tomorrow will be a really busy day.  We're doing an 8:00 morning session and then I'm meeting my companero for the first time.  Our president is really nice. Both he and his wife picked us up at the airport!

I'm so excited to be here, getting to teach people! I hope things are going well back home and that everyone is feeling better.

I love you guys so much!  Good luck this week, and I'll see you next Monday.
Elder Hales

PS.
We've got a couple more minutes to write, so I thought I'd just add a couple more sentences.  The people here seem really loving and really kind.  We've been talking about mission goals and we have a goal to always have 15 familias we're teaching at any given time, that are preparing for baptism. I've only been here for 5 hours, but I'm learning so much.  Hasta Lunes!

PPS.
Thanks for all you do to support me.  Mom, could you send me a French toast recipe?
Jonathan with his new companion
Jonathan with President and Sister Riggins

No comments:

Post a Comment