Saturday, January 2, 2016

My Dear Family!

I´m happy that everyone had a great New Year´s! We actually had quite an experience with the neighbors. I´ll have to try and send you the video, but mom to answer your question,the neighbors were burning those massive dolls, (they´re called monigotes) and they almost got the big tree outside our house on fire. People really enjoyed their New Year's festival haha. =)

But I´m happy to hear that the traditional Hales/Hotvedt family New Years party was so fun! It´s great that everyone is enjoying the holidays. Also I wanted to congratulate Isaac for his spin class! That´s so great, Isaac! I´m so happy that you´re getting into serious training! I´m super Impressed. =)

It sounds like everyone is starting the New Year with some great resolutions! I also made a couple of goals, and I am sure that 2016 will be a fantastic year.

One of the fun things that I got to do in the office this week was receive the new group of missionaries that just got to the mission. There were 4 from the Colombian MTC, and 2 from the Provo MTC. It was actually a really great experience. Seeing them with all their excitement and nervousness really helped me remember how much I have grown as a missionary and as a person. One of the new elders name is Elder Lopez from none other than Rupert, Idaho! I asked him if he knew any Chuggs and we tallked for a little bit. It turns out that Bedstemor was his elementary school teacher! I couldn´t believe it. The world is so small in the gospel sometimes! I hope he has a fantastic mission, but I felt bad for his parents because they were in the MTC for Christmas.

Also I´m so happy to hear about Christoffer! That´s so fantastic, and I know that the Lord will make everything line up as he prepares to go on a mission. Really there are so many eternal benefits to serving a mission, and I know that this is the best thing he could possible do. =) 

I´m sorry that this is so short this week. It´s because we actually had to take our P day yesterday, but they gave us a little time to write today because all the Cybers and the office were closed for New Years. Remember that I love you and hope you all have a great week getting back into the normal routine. 
I love you all. Happy New Year! 
Elder Hales =)

No comments:

Post a Comment