Monday, November 23, 2015

Dear Family,

Sounds like everyone had a great week! I´m happy to hear that Joseph won his soccer game! And Isaac, seeing your pictures from your eagle project really impresses me! I don´t know if I ever told you, but one time for Broadway Kids we were building a space ship and for the longest time I couldn´t figure out why everyone else could get the screws to go in so quickly. I was having such a hard time until someone helped me realize I had the drill in reverse. hahaha =)

Also it sounds like Jacob is doing very well on the piano! I love that Sleigh Ride duet, and I´m happy that you´ve already gotten a good amount of experience playing hymns for the congregation. I miss singing the hymns a little because I´m always playing, but I´m also happy that I can share my talents with the people here. =)

I also heard that Sarah Chugg got her mission call! That´s so great and I´m sure she will have a great time in Maryland! Missions are so great. Has any one heard how Lizzy is doing in Boise? Or how Christoffer has been doing? 

The Primary program Sunday was very special, and the children did a great job! I was so happy to see so many of the parents come to church. Our Primary president has done such a great job of making all the children feel important, especially those whose parents are less active. There were three big families of less active members that went to church to hear the Primary. 

Friday was a bit of a hectic day as well because the assistants came and talked to us about the importance of being organized and using the Book of Mormon in every part of the work - to find people, to ask for references, to teach the lessons, to answer questions. It was a great reminder that the Book of Mormon is our special witness of Christ and His mission. The reason it was a bit of a hectic day is because I was in a trio with one of the assistants and with our new zone leader. But luckily the people who we were visiting were all in their homes and we were able to help a lot of people. =)

The people here are very happy because Ecuador has been playing so well in the world cup qualifiers. I don´t know if you´ve heard, but we beat Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela, and Uruguay, and haven´t lost yet! Everyone is very excited, and at least 1 out of three of our lessons starts with someone asking us if we´ve seen the latest Ecuador soccer game.

Other than that everything is pretty normal here, and I hope that you all enjoy your Thanksgiving this week! I´ll be thinking about you all on Thursday and counting my blessings to have been born into such a great family. (And that definitely includes extended family =) )

Lots of Love!
Elder Hales
Jonathan and the cute Primary kids in his branch after their Primary Program

No comments:

Post a Comment